This is the 4th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded November 6, 2009. This episode was hosted by Scott Wright, Tom Eston and Kevin Johnson. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- More scams on Twitter including the recent IQ quiz attack. Disinformation on social networks…someone died example..are you sure they are really dead?
- Tom talks about his Open Source Intelligence Gathering talk that he recently gave. How do you find information posted about your company on social networks and why should you look? Now is probably a good time for your company to create a social media strategy and then develop a Internet postings policy around this strategy.
- Cisco has a great Internet posting policy to reference when created one for your company.
- Scott talks about creating a postings policy for your company. Here is a link to the Forrester book titled “Groundswell” that talks about creating a social media strategy.
- Kevin talks about Google Wave. What is it and why would we want to use this? What are some of the security issues with Google Wave? Check out the great research that theharmonyguy has been doing on Google Wave.
- Developers! Please start coding securely from the beginning of the project! ktksbai.
- Be sure to follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on all the latest news in the world of social media security!
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast now in iTunes! Thanks for listening!