This is the 8th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded January 8, 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston, Kevin Johnson and Scott Wright. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Backupify.com – A solution for backing up all your social media site content. Check out theharmonyguy’s manual method for Facebook.
- Commit virtual social media suicide! This service will remove your social network profiles, change your profile picture and password so you can never use the account again. Facebook is currently blocking the service as they say it’s a violation of their ToS.
- Clearing up questions about what Facebook Applications can access in your profile
** An application has access to your PAI and anything visible to “Everyone” as soon as you stop by – no authorization necessary.
“When you visit a Facebook-enhanced application or website, it may access any information you have made visible to Everyone (Edit Profile Privacy) as well as your publicly available information. This includes your Name, Profile Picture, Gender, Current City, Networks, Friend List, and Pages. The application will request your permission to access any additional information it needs”
- 10 Basic Concepts of Facebook Privacy
- Facebook Groups that add non-existent “features”. You may want to check out our group! Send it to your friends!
- Who is @robinsage on Twitter? Drawing the line with fake accounts, how far is too far?
- Import Facebook emails to find out real pictures and profile information, new spamming technique.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. Thanks for listening!