This is the 9th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded January 26, 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Tom and Kevin will be speaking with Robin Wood at Shmoocon Saturday, February 6th at 11am. “Social Zombies II: Your Friends Need More Brains”.
- Facebook Partners With McAfee for Anti-Virus. Does this change anything?
- Websense Defensio 2.0. Websense offers a Facebook application to protect users from malicious content in their profiles. How does it work and does it help?
- Blippy.com – How far will information sharing sites go? Blippy allows you to automatically share your credit card transactions as you make them. This includes the place you made the purchase, the amount, and in some cases, the item. No really, it’s true.
- Breaking up and Social Media – What happens when a relationship ends and you share a multitude of social media sites with your ex? Can you “de-friend” your ex’s whole network? What about custody of photo archives?
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes. Thanks for listening!