In episode 88 of our monthly show we streamed live on GetVokl! Subscribe to our channel and get notified when we’ll be live so you can chat and participate in our next show! Here are the topics we covered and links to articles we discussed:
- Hacker Finds He Can Remotely Kill Car Engines After Breaking Into GPS Tracking
- A hacker by the name of L&M broke into to GPS systems from iTrack and ProTrack which are apps used to manage and monitor fleets of trucks and vehicles. About 27,000 accounts.
- He could track and shut down the engines of any vehicle either parked or driving under 12 miles per hour
- He found a flaw in their Android app which set the default password to 123456 for all new user accounts and brute forced the user names. He also wrote a script to login to the accounts.
- Microsoft says password expiration policies are stupid and will be removing them from their security baselines
- Skip the Surveillance By Opting Out of Face Recognition At Airports
- Debate: Is it InfoSec or Cybersecurity ?
- Check out Scott’s new company: ClickArmor
- More news about Scott’s new venture coming soon on the show!