You’re listening to the Shared Security Podcast, exploring the trust you put in people, apps, and technology…with your host, Tom Eston. In episode 86 for September 16th 2019: All about end-to-end encryption with Max Krohn from Keybase.io.
Are you looking for the very best products to protect your digital privacy? Well, Silent Pocket has everything you need to mind the grid with their patented product line of faraday bags and wallets. Visit silentpocket.com today and receive 15% off your order with discount code “sharedsecurity”.
The Shared Security Podcast is also sponsored by Edgewise Networks. Visit edgewise.net to find out about how Edgewise can help stop data breaches.
In this special edition of the Weekly Blaze, Tom interviews Max Krohn co-founder of Keybase.io to discuss the current state of encryption and why end-to-end encryption is so important. Here are the topics that we covered with Max on the show:
- Who is Max Krohn and what is Keybase.io?
- What is end-to-end encryption and how is it different than other types of encryption?
- Recent news about governments asking tech companies to build in “encryption backdoors” into services and products to prevent terrorism and mass shootings.
- Max’s take on the controversial talk given by Crown Sterling at the Black Hat USA security conference on the “discovery” of quasi-prime numbers. Is this snake oil or real research that will change encryption forever?
- Find out more about Keybase.io and follow Max on Twitter
Visit our website, SharedSecurity.net for previous episodes, links to our social media feeds, our YouTube channel, and to sign-up for our email newsletter. First time listener to the podcast? Please subscribe where ever you like to listen to podcasts and if you like this episode please it share with friends and colleagues. Thanks for listening and see you next week for another episode of the Shared Security Weekly Blaze.