This is the 20th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast recorded November 5th 2010. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- FireSheep – “Firefox plugin to pull active cookies from popular websites while using open wifi”.
- Facebook Responds to FireSheep
- Idiocy tool sends tweets on your behalf as a “Warning”. Get the tool here.
- How to defend against FireSheep? Manually use HTTPS for social media sites or use a VPN while connected to open wifi..don’t forget about mobile apps! Try the HTTPS Everywhere Plugin from the EFF or Force-TLS Plugin.
- Learn more about securing your Wifi at home.
- FireShepherd Aims to Protect Users. BlackSheep is another one…
- White House Forms Privacy and Internet Policy Subcommittee
- Ottawa man busted through Facebook after stealing rare Wayne Gretzky jersey
- What NOT To Post On Facebook: 13 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Your Facebook Friends
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. You can also subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and follow us on Twitter. Thanks for listening!