This is the 43rd episode of the Shared Security Podcast (formally the Social Media Security Podcast) sponsored by the Streetwise Security Zone. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright recorded August 6, 2015. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Car hack reveals peril on the road to Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart watches and activity monitors usually connect to the cloud, sometimes without good security
- Really great article from Venture Beat about IoT risks
- Good research and whitepaper from Veracode about several popular IoT devices being sold and the security risks
- Scott talks about a recent Facebook scam that he received which was really hard to tell if it was legit or not
- Tom talks about Vizio SmartTV’s and how they know everything that you watch. Make sure you read those privacy policies!
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] sharedsecurity.net or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. Be sure to visit our website, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!