This is the 34th episode of the Social Media Security Podcast sponsored by SecureState and the Streetwise Security Zone. This episode was hosted by Tom Eston and Scott Wright recorded June 18th 2014. Below are the show notes, links to articles and news mentioned in the podcast:
- Facebook Switches Default Setting to Private to Prevent Oversharing
- Facebook Fights Malware With Free Security Software
- Facebook Microphone Update To Store Data: Social Media Giant Confirms New Feature Will Aggregate Information
- Facebook responds to this privacy issue
- How to “Hack” Someone’s “Private” Friends List on Facebook to See All of Their Friends
- 6 tips on how to avoid Linkedin Scammers
- Some HP Employees Were Busted For This Hilariously Awful Attack Against Competitor, Splunk
- Bruce Schneier posted a link to this article about how ISIS in Iraq is using their free mobile app to mass tweet on behalf of individual users, without triggering spam blocks.
- Tom talked about SecureState’s free phishing awareness tool called “King Phisher”. This tool can be used to conduct your own phishing awareness campaigns. Check out the webinar and download the tool.
Please send any show feedback to feedback [aT] socialmediasecurity.com or comment below. You can also call our voice mail box at 1-613-693-0997 if you have a question for our Q&A section on the next episode. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Thanks for listening!